|Signature Weapon:||Blue Moon Blade|
|Introduced in:||New Monk on the Block|
|Voiced by:||Jennifer Hale|
|On the Wiki:|
Shadow, initially referred to as Willow, was a secondary antagonist originally a new member of the Heylin. She engaged in the fight against the Xiaolin Dragons for the mystical Shen Gong Wu artifacts to rule the world.
Shadow was born when Chase Young created her from one of his ribs.  At first, she was born as a baby, only to quickly transform into how she is today.
In her debut, she was revealed as Willow, a Xiaolin Monk. She and Ping Pong competed for the Xiaolin Apprentice top spot, as well as for Omi's attention. However, Kimiko was meanwhile suspicious of her.
However, she managed to find the combination and the location of the vault and stole all the Shen Gong Wu. She later came along with Chase to battle the Xiaolin Monks, and together they managed to destroy the temple.
Later, Shadow helped Chase in many occasions. She seemed to like the idea of having the "cat monks" under her control and especially Kimiko.
However, after Chase lost his control over the monks he seemed to be interested of making Tigress his partner, which made Shadow jealous. It was revealed that she had some kind relationship with the Mask of the Green Monkey talisman.
In "Chase Lays An Egg", Shadow seemed to be tired of Chase's stupid and unexplainable behavior, so she defied his orders and went to break his egg, so that he could become evil again. Generally, as the time went by, Shadow seemed to become tired of Chase's inability to face the monks.
As Shadow, she was cunning and hungry for power, as she asked multiple times Chase to give her the Lao Mang Lone Soup. She also seemed to respect Chase and the Xiaolin Monks. She could become extremely jealous when Chase was interested on someone else, like Tigress. When Chase wasn't fond on someone or something, Shadow had the same opinion.
However, after Chase's disappointing attempts to destroy the monks, she seemed to be a little tired of him.
Willow was a Caucasian girl with blonde hair. She had blue eyes and sported a white outfit with a golden belt. Her boots and gloves were also white and gold in a matching manner similar to her outfit. She was also noted to have worn a Ying-Yang headband.
Shadow essentially resembled a female version of Chase Young, having both fought on the same side and shared design traits. Sporting long dark-green hair ending in a curl, she wore a white headband with the Taoism insignia at its center, having thick black eyebrows, light-green eyes and a light skin complexion.
The rest of her attire consisted of a body armor quite similar to Chase's. Primarily black with red and golden highlights, white gloves were also worn with a golden mark, some other white armor on her legs, and thin black boots.
Chase Young took her as his Heylin Apprentice, and the two share a very good relationship as they can even communicate telepathically. Even though Chase created her, she thinks calling him "Papa," seems hardly appropriate. Both of them do not see each other as relatives. One might say that Shadow is just a female clone of Chase. She's very loyal and flirtatious towards him (this fact was revealed in Laws of Nature ), indicating that she may be in love with him, and it has been hinted that he feels the same about her.
OmiShadow, as Willow, manipulated Omi in order to tell her about the combination of the Shen Gong Wu vault. She also seemed to be somewhat interested in him, the same way Chase was.
In the episode of Princess Kaila of the Thousand Layer Mountain Shadow stated that one day she and Kimiko will have a special relationship that she will be able to read Kimiko's mind. She also seemed interested about the idea of permanently controlling the cat monks after full moon, especially Kimiko.
Powers and Weaknesses
- Heylin Magic: Shadow was a notable user of the Heylin Magic and she had several magical abilities like:
- Shapeshifting: She could change her appearance, to transform into Willow, by using her powers.
- Snow Manipulation: She could manipulate the snow, able to duplicate a snowball, into two snowballs, and increase their pressure.
- Telepathy: She could talk telepathically with Chase.
- Shen Gong Wu Emulation: She could emulate the ability of the Shen Gong Wu that she has used. For example, she could use her hair like the Medusa Comb and she could cause Kimiko to remain "wuzzy" when she was about to reveal her true identity.
- Size Alteration: She could change the size of people, objects or even her own size, either through green beams or by producing a black smoke.
- Teleportation: She could use her hair to teleportate herself along with others.
- Shadow Mimicry: She could transform into a big shadow that Ping Pong described as "la femme brune".
- Shadow Hiding: She could hide in the shadows and use them as a form of teleportation.
- Superhuman Strength: She could grab Dojo in his giant form by his tail and swing him ease. However she was not as strong as Chase.
- Expert Martial Artist: She was very good at martial arts, but not as good as all the Xiaolin Monks combined, Chase or Wuya (in her human form). However, as seen in Chase Lays An Egg, she could surpass an emotionally unstable Chase with ease, by just using her martial arts skills.
- Attractive Female: Like Wuya, she could use her beauty to lull the males into a false sense of security, so that she could manipulate them.
|The Fall of Xiaolin||Shen Yi Bu||Medusa Comb||Victory|
|Kimiko||Laws of Nature||Xiaolin Showdown||Blue Moon Blade||Victory|
|Omi||Out of Ping Pong's Mind||Xiaolin Showdown||Blue Moon Blade||Loss|
Did You Know...?
- Shadow speaks with a Southern/Texan accent as Willow, but as Shadow she speaks with an Australian accent.
- The birth of Shadow is a reference to the creation of Eve in Genesis. Like Eve, Shadow was made from a rib of man with whom she fell in love with. Also in reference to the Greek Goddess Aphrodite, Shadow is shown aging on a scallop shell right after she was born.
- Shadow was originally going to be a female counterpart of Chase Young, as she shares most of his color schemes (same colored hair, eyes, armor, etc.). However, in the actual show itself, she takes on a blue, violet, and yellow scheme, and has light green eyes instead of orange.