|“||I-I don't know what to say, except I never thought it would be me... well, maybe a little.||”|
Raimundo Pedrosa is the Xiaolin Dragon of the Wind, having originally joined the Temple from a circus in Brazil.
Three years after working with the monks in defending the world from evil, Raimundo managed to defeat the combined might of the world's greatest villains in combat, he is promoted to the rank of Shoku Warrior, resulting in him gaining full leadership of the team.
Raimundo grew up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His birthplace is Tubarão, a smaller town in Santa Catarina, Brazil. When Raimundo left for the Xiaolin Temple, he was leaving a rather large family behind. Though they were never shown, Raimundo mentioned his many relatives, and it's mentioned that he has at least seven or eight siblings back in Brazil. Raimundo and Omi are the only monks whose family members never show themselves--Omi Town doesn't count since Omi's "family" turned out to be robots created by Jack.
Master Fung selected Raimundo to come train at the Xiaolin Temple and become the Dragon of the Wind. The Shen Gong Wu Raimundo uses most often outside showdowns is the Sword of the Storm until he obtained his Wudai Weapon, the Blade of the Nebula. Along with the other warriors, he goes on a quest to find the mystical power objects known as the Shen Gong Wu.
Raimundo is laid-back, wild, carefree, and rebellious, much like his element, albeit a bit lazy and a sore loser at times. Although he is a little self-centered at times, he will do anything to prevent
his friends from getting hurt. Throughout the series he shows his nobility and leadership qualities, which were factors in his becoming Dragon Leader by the end of the first series. He did not always get along with Omi, who often claims that he was superior to Raimundo. Raimundo is street smart and enjoys surfing and soccer. After losing the Sword of the Storm to Tubbimura due to lack of knowledge, Raimundo does his research thoroughly, and then manages to find two pieces of information that even Omi does not know: the Shen Yi Bu Dare, and the ability to combine Shen Gong Wu, which he uses to defeat Tubbimura. He also displays surprising knowledge of chess tactics. Raimundo seems to be the one whom corrected Omi the most when he got his slang mixed up.
Raimundo is a handsome young Brazilian teenager with a round face, brown hair, thick eyebrows, green eyes and spiked hair. He's tall (but still shorter than Clay) with a lean but muscular physique. He originally wore a white short-sleeved hoodie, red shoes, baggy green trousers, red wristbands and a medallion. He would later wear a white long-sleeved shirt with orange and green sleeves, tan cargo pants and black-and-white trainers. While training within the temple, he wears the uniform red gi with sash that correlates to h is Dragon ranking, plus white pants and black shoes.
Dragon Powers and Abilities
- Air Manipulation: As the Dragon of Wind, Raimundo has total control over wind and air, and can compose bursts of winds, spawn tornadoes, and even typhoons, as well as generate breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, tempests, and hurricanes.
- Flight: He displays the ability to fly using wind.
In addition to his elemental abilities and martial arts skills, he had other superhuman attributes such as:
- Superhuman Strength: He is also strong, capable of breaking through stones and steel with one single kick or one punch.
- Enhanced Speed: He can move and run to nearly superhuman speed.
- Enhanced Reflexes: His reflexes are enhanced to nearly superhuman levels.
- Enhanced Agility: He possess agility beyond that of a normal human being. He can dodge attacks, swing from things easily, do back-flips and numerous other gymnastic, athletic and martial movements with little effort.
- Enhanced Durability: He has proven to have a nearly superhuman durability.
- Raimundo's Xiaolin Apprentice move
- Typhoon Boom Wind: Raimundo clapped his hands and created a huge sonic boom which will develop into wind and blow his enemies away. He was even able to use this technique before he became a Xiaolin Apprentice.
- Raimundo's Wudai Warrior move
- Wudai Star Wind: The ability to project beams of compressed air, usually in the form of a tornadoo. He can also blast it at the floor to push himself up into the air and then propel himself through the air using wind; practically flying, as well as creating tornadoes of many size and shapes or even blasting a fist made out of air.
- Raimundo's Shoku Warrior move
- Shoku Astro Wind: After reaching the level of Shoku Warrior, Raimundo is able to use Shoku Astro. With this, he is able to launch concentrated waves of powerful wind, in many shapes, and even being capable of riding the winds.
- Rock Creatures Summoning: When he joined Wuya, she gave him a very limited amount of her powers. Because of that, he was able to summon Wuya's Rock Creatures, by simply snapping his fingers, called "Goons" by him.
- Master Martial Artist: Raimundo is a great Xiaolin Warrior. Although he was the last to rise to Xiaolin Apprentice, he would become the greatest, capable of holding his own and defeating the combined forces of Chase Young, Wuya and Hannibal Bean. Raimundo becomes Shoku Warrior, and his style seems to be in the forms of Kung Fu, Capoeira and Taekwondo.
- Expert Tactician: He has shown to be a brilliant tactician capable of quickly formulating battle strategies and new plans if the situation changes, like being able to elaborate different complex plans in order to infiltrate an enemy base or defeat different enemies in difficult situations, and be victorious. He was even capable of putting an T-Rex with enhanced intellect in check with all of his pieces surrounding his king despite being his first time playing chess.
- Shen Gong Wu: His signature Shen Gong Wu was the Sword of the Storm which he used to use until he got his Wudai Weapon and the Golden Tiger Claws, being one of the characters that used this Wu more than any other.
- Wudai Weapon: Raimundo's Wudai Weapon is the Blade of the Nebula, a blue glass sword that bore a strong resemblance to the Sword of the Storm. This weapon was never is as an actual sword. Instead, Blade of the Nebula transforms into a pair of nunchucks, with a tornado spiraling out from the end of it. When combined with the Crest of the Condor it can generate massive or compressed air waves and even tornadoes more powerful than the Sword of the Storm.
- Elemental Shen Gong Wu: His Elemental Shen Gong Wu is the Crest of the Condor. It further enhances his wind offenses and defenses.
Raimundo had many weaknesses. He is constantly careless unless he feels like the world is depending on him, or if he is determined enough. He also does not like to take orders. Raimundo had a fear of a jellyfish-like monster, he eventually conquered this fear.
At times, Raimundo allows his temper to get the better of him. After the rest of the team was promoted to the rank of Xiaolin Apprentice, Raimundo defected to the Heylin side, aiding Wuya in regaining possession of her body. However, faced with the destruction of his friends, he recaptures Wuya in the puzzle box, and returns to the Xiaolin side. Although he is offered the rank of Xiaolin Apprentice, he refuses, not believing himself to be ready.
Raimundo's mentioned having many siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins in addition to his parents. It's unknown how many siblings Raimundo actually has---in one episode, he said he had seven brothers and sisters, but in a later episode, he mentioned having eight brothers and sisters. While this may have just been a continuity error on the part of the writers, it's also entirely possible that Raimundo's parents had another kid while he was away at the Temple.
Omi is another monk at the Xiaolin Temple. Raimundo and Omi had a rough start, and seem to bicker on and off throughout the series, Raimundo constantly calls Omi out on his height or the size of his head, while Omi constantly looks down on Raimundo as if he's not as good as the rest. Raimundo has shown to be protective of Omi at times. Towards the end of the series they seem to show actual affection towards each other and end up with a sort of brotherly relationship. Raimundo's the one who usually corrects Omi whenever he gets slang words or phrases wrong.
Clay is the cowboy monk at the Temple. Raimundo gets along much better with Clay than he does with Omi, but Raimundo's also been known to make fun of Clay as well as Omi. When pulling of a double attack or the Dragon X Kumei Formation he is usually paired with Clay, possibly because they are the tallest.
Kimiko is the only female at the Temple. From day one they seemed to get along well and later become very close. Although Raimundo's somewhat egocentric attitude can get on Kimiko's nerves, they still seem to gravitate towards each other. Raimundo is protective of her, and has great belief in her as shown in the episode Tangled Web.
Kimiko kisses Raimundo on the cheek twice, once after his return to the Xiaolin side and second after his becoming a Shoku Warrior. Though Kimiko’s feelings are rarely expressed, Raimundo's confirmed to have a crush on her. In “Dream Stalker” Kimiko appeared in his dreams twice, the first time wearing her pink kimono as she dusts off his throne before transforming into a vision of Wuya. Her second appearance, Kimiko hands him a soda while they watch a movie and he attempts to put his arm around her shoulders.
In “Time After Time" they are shown to have grown quite close in the alternative timeline; she refuses to let him drink the Lao Mang Lone Soup which would turn him evil and he later takes her place during the Xiaolin Showdown when all four villains tag-team her. She is immediately happy for his promotion to team leader and leaps into his arms to kiss him on the cheek while he holds her up.
Raimundo Pedrosa is voiced by Tom Kenny, who is known for voicing SpongeBob SquarePants.
|Tubbimura||Shen Yi Bu||Shen Yi Bu Dare: Stay on the cliff without falling||Two-Ton Tunic, Eye of Dashi||Won|
|Chameleon-Bot||Royal Rumble||Hide and Seek||Falcon's Eye||Loss|
|Jack Spicer||In the Flesh||Flashlight Tag||Golden Tiger claws||Won|
|Jack Spicer, Panda Bubba||Pandatown||Showdown Trio: Exit the Harbor||Eye of Dashi||Won|
|Squid Monster||Dreamscape||Sumo Wrestling||Silk Spinner||Won|
|Fearsome Four||The Emperor Scorpion Strikes Back||The Ropes of Darkness||Falcon's Eye||Won|
|Gigi the Demon Seed||The Demon Seed||Shen Yi Bu Dare: Find the Moon Stone Locust||Falcon's Eye, Gills of Hamachi||Won|
|Heylin||Finding Omi||Xiaolin Soccer||Eternal Loyalty||Won|
|T-Rex||Oil in the Family||Jurassic Chess||Ruby of Ramses||Won|
|Omi||The Return of Master Monk Guan||Shen Yi Bu All-In: Xiaolin Sparring||Fancy Feet||Loss (Purposely)|
|Heylin||Time After Time Part II||Save the Damsel in Distress||Cannon Blaster||Won|
|Mi Temple, Mi Casa||Shoku Showdown: All or Nothing||Sword of Lucida||Victory|
|Xiaolin Showdown||Xiaolin Chronicles|
Did You Know...?
- Raimundo has a teddy bear named Ninja Fred. He stated that it is a good luck charm.
- Not unlike how Clay often wears his hat, Raimundo is almost always seen wearing his golden medallion, even in his Xiaolin robes.
- Raimundo seems to understand Klingon, which indicates that he's probably a fan of Star Trek, thus making him a "Trekkie" (slang term for Star Trek fans).
- Raimundo was the first warrior whose first Xiaolin Showdown was not with Jack Spicer; his was with Tubbimura.