The Bird of Paradise was a mythical, legendary bird that appears in "Bird of Paradise".
This creature was a mystical bird who apparently was immortal. When the Singing Old Lady was seen, it was the sign of the coming of the Bird of Paradise. Whoever found this creature would recieve powers they had never before known. It was hidden in the Land of Nowhere. The Xiaolin monks went on a quest to find this creature, and they were successful, despite the seperate efforts of Chase Young and Jack Spicer to thwart them.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting: It could transform into an old lady by will.
- Flight: It could fly at incredible heights.
- Light Generation: It could generate magnificent lights.
- This bird, as Clay Bailey put it, "...couldn't carry a tune in a bucket."
- The Bird of Paradise seemed to represent the personification of good in the balance of life, while the Ying Ying Bird seemed to represent the personification of evil.
- In real life, a Bird of Paradise is an actual animal, except it is much smaller.